Note for Authors
Note for Authors
The Journal of Medical Science and Research (JMSR) accepts original articles, review articles and case reports on ANY field of medical science for publication.
Anti-Plagiarism / Acceptance policy
The acceptance criteria for all papers are the quality and originality of the research and its significance to readership. All manuscripts are peer reviewed by two anonymous reviewers
The manuscripts must not contain plagiarized contents (checked by Plagiarism Checker Software) that may also include:
- Turning in someone else's work as your own
- Putting your name on another person's essay or project
- Copying words or ideas from someone else without giving citation
- Failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
- Giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving citation
The Editorial Board reserves the right to refuse any material for publications for plagiarism or breach of copyright..
Submission of Manuscripts
All articles must be submitted through Online Submission System (https://www.jmsr-journal.com/online-submission)
Papers are accepted for publication in the journal on the understanding that the content has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. This must be stated in the covering letter. The covering letter must contain an acknowledgement that all authors are in agreement with content of the manuscript.
Preparation of The Manuscript
Page margin should be 1" all around, written in Times New Roman font, line spacing 1.5 and font size 12.
Total word count should not exceed 5000 words including Abstract, Keywords, Background, Methodology, Results (tables, figures, photo), Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgement (optional), Conflict of interest, References.
Parts of the Manuscript
Manuscript should be prepared in the following order
i) Title page
ii) Abstract (250 words) and key words
iii) Background / Introduction
v) Results (tables, figures or photos placed at right place in manuscript)
viii) Acknowledgement / Funding (if any)
Title Page should be prepared in separate page
The page should contain
- Title of the paper (in title case NOT upper case)
- Full names of each author with Institutional affiliation
- Name and address of the institute where the work was done
- Full postal and email address, plus fax and telephone number of Corresponding Author
Abstract and Key Words
- All articles must have a structured abstract written in single paragraph.
- It should not exceed 250 words and should state the purpose, basic procedures, main finding and principles conclusions of the study
The manuscript writing should be arranged as: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion. The citation of references should be "superscript" in numericals according to appearance. No subheadings should be bold or underlined or upper casing.
Materials and Methods
It should include the setting of the study the subjects (number and type) the treatment or intervention and the type of statistical analysis.
The results should include the outcome of the study and the statistical significance
- Table should be drawn with MS-word tool, all grid lines, auto-generated Excell tables are NOT desired.
- Figures should be drawn professionally in black and white or color, auto-generated charts are NOT desired.Â
- X-ray or slide should be photographed black and white in JPEG format.
- Tables (roman) and figures should be numbered consecutively in numerical order.
The source of financial grants and other funding should be acknowledged. The contribution of the colleagues or institutions should also be acknowledged.
The Vancouver system of reference should be used. In the text, reference should be cited using superscript Arabic numerical in the order in which they appear. The references should be numbered and listed in order of appearance in the text. Reference to unpublished data and personal communication should not appear in the list but should be cited in the text only (e.g Smith A, 2000, unpublished data).
Tables should be self contained and complement, but not duplicate information contained in the text with a comprehensive but concise legend above the table. Tables should be single-spaced and all gridlines should not be used to separate columns and rows. Column headings should be brief, with units of measurement in parenthesis.
All illustrations (line drawing photographs) are classified as figures. Figures should be cited in consecutive order in the text. Figures should be sized to fit within the column (78 mm), intermediate (120 mm) or full text width (164 mm). Line figures should be supplied as sharp, black and white graphs or diagrams. Photographs should be supplied as scanned JPEG format.